Thursday, January 29, 2009

Server problems at www.sjr.com?


This morning I glanced at the paper. Yes, an actual Illinois State Journal-Register newspaper (perhaps for not much longer) and saw a few things of which I was motivated comment. At first I got a couple of error messages just accessing the site. I thought I was having browser problems at first, but the site finally came up. I read the articles and then tried to log on to comment. Oops, my ID and password didn't work.

I wondered if it had anything to do with my comment about the city commerce regulations that were prohibitive to new businesses but not prohibitive to current businesses. I guess it might be just an error. I'll test it from a different computer.

The workaround, in case anyone is interested, is through www.digg.com. I have a Widgit from Digg here at my blog that shows the articles I dugg. I can comment on them at my Digg location. It's better than just posting them on my main blog because they stick around down below while I blog about other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?