Thursday, October 07, 2010

Panasonic BL-C230A Network Camera. The most frustrating product on the face of the earth

There was never a more frustrating first-time installation and trouble-shooting experience. The first time I tried to install it I gave up for about a week and a half. The directions came on three seperate tabloid sized sheets instead of a step-by-step saddle stitched manual.

If that wasn't bad enough, they combined instructions for different model numbers. There were vague references to an SD card memory, which is typically removable, but there was no diagram showing exactly where it was or if it actually existed on the model I was using

When I finally got it working I tried to set it up so I could watch via the Internet. There is supposed to be a free site where you register your camera and create a page where you can link up to your camera, but it never successfully launched and I could never find the right section for trouble-shooting my camera because the Panasonic website is a total navigational disaster.

If you insist on using panasonic network cameras, I suggest dividing the steps up in very short intervals over several weeks just to keep the frustration to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?