Saturday, November 29, 2008

Okay, I'll throw them a bone, but for a good cause.

I was glancing through a copy of the State Journal Register when I came across an editorial by Ginny Conlee, charman of the Hope Institute board of directors. I sighed to myself and decided to give the State Journal Register kudos for publishing the editorial.

The Hope Institute is a special needs school bordered on one side by Lake Springfield and for years has only one narrow two-lane road (Hazel lane) in and out. Neighbors on the road were concerned about their safety and property so they opened a new wider road to the school.

Since the construction of the new road, the neighbors, it seems, are clamoring to close the old road entirely to make it a dead-end street. Doing so would definitely increase their property value, while at the same time decreasing emergency access to the Hope School.

I'll attempt to embed a Google Map here with links to the articles.



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?